Parrish Family Lot
No Tombstone in 2005
Replacement tombstone in 2013
Tuesday, January 24, 1837
Bathing House and Barber Shop
Frank Parrish, Owner
“This is the purest exercise of health,
The kind refresher of summer heats.”
The undersigned, respectfully informs the citizens of Nashville and its vicinity, that, as the season for the pleasant and healthful exercise of Bathing is fast approaching, he has at considerable expense prepared and fitted up an establishment, at which may be enjoyed “the luxury of the falling spray,” or the “lucid coolness of the flood”- THE SHOWER COLD OR TEPID BATH. He has prepared every convenience to give pleasure to those who partake of this useful and agreeable recreation at his rooms; and assures the public that order and regularity shall be kept, so as to merit and he hopes ensure the approbation of his customers.
The Bath-House is situated next door to the Barber Shop on Deaderick street, opposite the office of the Banner and Whig, and will be opened on the 1st day of May, for the reception of visiters from 6 in the morning until 10 at night.
Ladies are respectfully informed that convenient apartments have been prepared, with every accommodation for their comfort, for their exclusive use; and that female servants will always be in readiness to attend them.
The subscriber requests and hopes to receive the liberal encouragement of the community, in this effort to accommodate them with a luxury which is universally acknowledged to be most beneficial in its effects.
Also at his Barber’s Shop, next door, he keeps on hand for sale STOCKS, COLLARS, SUSPENDERS, best FANCY SOAPS, PERFUMERY, of all descriptions, CURLS, PUFFS, &c.; also the best SEGARS AND TOBACCO. F.P.
Saturday, June 18, 1842
Bath House Open for Season
Frank Parrish’s Bath House on Deaderick Street, opposite the Republican Banner office, is open for the Season, where all those who wish to take cold or tepid bath can be accommodated. His former customers are invited to call.
April 14, 1842.